[squeak-dev] [ANN] Saucers 1.5

Stéphane Rollandin lecteur at zogotounga.net
Tue Sep 16 21:41:07 UTC 2014

Hello all,

Here is the latest version of my little Space Invader game:
http://www.zogotounga.net/comp/squeak/Saucers1.5.zip

If you run it with another VM than the one provided (for Windows), do
keep the ini file else you won't be able to keep your settings and scores.

Even if you do not play the game, I encourage you to try it just to
appreciate how fluid a morphic app can be. When I started coding I did
not expect it could be that smooth.

By default, the game is tweaked to be fluid on an older system: the
morphs step time is 20 milliseconds. If you have a fast computer, press
U (the "CPU intensive" option); this will set the step time to 1, and
also animate the background image.

As for the gameplay, I let you discover it. At first you can just move
the mouse, it's enough to get through the first levels.

Stef