[squeak-dev] Next version of Date, DateAndTime, and Duration API updates

Chris Cunningham cunningham.cb at gmail.com
Fri Sep 19 06:29:31 UTC 2014

Now in the InBox:
   KernelTests-cbc.278.mcz
   Kernel-cbc.871.mcz
The tests add in test for expected Duration addition and subtraction from
each other, including the new GenericMonth and GenericYear, and the very
new GenericDuration.  It also adds a few more tests for LeapYear tests with
adding years to them.

The test are still based on what it currently does, with the exceptions
listed previously (I haven't really changed any to expect failures, as has
been suggested - that will come shortly.  For now, I want to try to cause
little to no changes o expected behavior first - just new behavior for now).

Kernel adds the GenericDuration, and handles adding and subtracting
GenericMonth, GenericYear, and GenericDurations togeher in a rational way.
 This involves turning + and - in Durations into a double-dispatch so that
it will work.

There are no comments  yet in these classes - they will be there before the
weekend is over at the latest.

Any comments are more than welcome.

-cbc