[squeak-dev] Inefficiencies

Levente Uzonyi leves at elte.hu
Sat Sep 20 15:45:10 UTC 2014

I know it's an old thread, but I found this in my list of postponed
messages:

If Color class >> #gray: were using #setRGB:, then most of the math could
be avoided:

Color class >> #gray: brightness
 	"Return a gray shade with the given brightness in the range [0.0..1.0]."

 	^self basicNew setRGB: ((brightness * ComponentMax) rounded bitAnd: ComponentMask) * 1049601

ScrollBar >> #updateSliderColor: is strange, because it doesn't use its
argument.
The GradientFillStyles created in #updateSliderColor: could be stored in
the ScrollBar itself, instead of recreating them all the time.

Levente