[squeak-dev] Contributor agreement

Ron Teitelbaum ron at usmedrec.com
Tue Sep 23 03:40:57 UTC 2014

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong here (IANAL) my understanding was
that those agreements were only necessary to relicense the code to MIT.
Once it was relicensed it was important to tell contributors that their
contributions were MIT (for example explicitly on a code repository and in
other places that explain the licensing).  I did not believe that signed
agreements continued to be necessary going forward in that environment.  Of
course someone could release code into inbox  or mantis or somewhere else
with a statement that the code has a different license and it would be
important that anyone integrating that code reject the contribution, (or if
anyone sees such a notice to report it so that it can be removed).  But the
short of it is that all code from the relicensing going forward is MIT, all
places where contributions can be made should be clearly labeled with the
license so that it is clear that anyone contributing code is doing so and is
only allowed to do so under the same license.

All the best,

Ron Teitelbaum