[squeak-dev] Latest duration API ready

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Thu Sep 25 19:25:16 UTC 2014

Hi Chris, I started to bring these into my Magma apps today but had to abort.

The biggest issue for me is the class testing.  #class is one of the
few messages that currently can't be intercepted by a Proxy, and so
this causes the wrong path to be taken in several places.  There are
several ways to avoid class testing such as testing its #species
instead of its #class, using a #isDuration (or #isSomeType variant),
or asking #respondsTo: someMessage, or dispatching to the argument.
I'm certain that Timespan>>#- would be a problem in my production
apps.

Also, String>>#addToDateTime: should be moved to *kernel.  It's all
about DateAndTime's, which are in Kernel.  It won't work without those
other guys in Kernel, so it should be colocated with them instead of
all by its lonesome in Collections.

One of the tests failed an assertion out of the box.

That's all I found so far..