[squeak-dev] build.squeak.org slaves: which are there after all?

Frank Shearar frank.shearar at gmail.com
Thu Apr 2 12:33:18 UTC 2015

On 31 March 2015 at 19:44, David T. Lewis <lewis at mail.msen.com> wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> I am looking around on our Jenkins CI and was puzzled that
>> there are several slave nodes (yay) but none of them
>> seem to have been alive for some time (nay…)
>>

>> what can we do?
>>
>> Best
>>       -Tobias
>>

> The first thing we should do:
>
> Every job on the Jenkins CI should have a clear comment that says what it
> is supposed to be doing, and who is responsible for it. Likewise for the
> slave servers - if you cannot figure out what they are and who they belong
> to, then they should not be there.

I mostly agree with the comment about the slaves. Mostly.

At any rate, andrad, havnor, norst and way are mine. I'll remove all
but norst, because they sadly no longer exist.

It's a pity Jenkins doesn't display the "title" of the node, or you'd
see that norst is "Frank's OS X box", wihich I consider to be
sufficiently informative :)

frank