[squeak-dev] bad UI bug introduced with recent list highlightiong changes.

Ken G. Brown kbrown at mac.com
Fri Apr 3 17:41:20 UTC 2015

I think what Mail is doing is honoring any previous selection and treating a cntl-click menu selection as a separate operation, then puts you back to the state you were in before you initiated the action.
You get to operate either on the single message under the pointer at the time you cntl-click if it isn’t the current selection, or else the current selection if the pointer is over any part of the current selection, which may be more than one message.

To me this seems a bit better than losing the current selection when doing the cntl-click menu operation.

Ken G. Brown