[squeak-dev] Re: The Trunk: Morphic-mt.840.mcz

Levente Uzonyi leves at elte.hu
Tue Apr 7 15:15:25 UTC 2015

No.

The postscript (and all other scripts) of a package is executed once (in
most cases).
Since the update process loads the Monticello Configurations (.mcm files)
one by one, therefore you can only have one postscript per package per MC
configuration.
This means that there are a few different cases:
(1) If you're the first to add a postscript to a package since the last
.mcm, then you must delete its contents (if any) and add your code to it.
(2) If you're not the first (the script exists with some code in it), then
you have to check if the existing content can be run again. If yes, then
append your code to the postscript.
(3) In any other cases you have to create a new .mcm file first, then do
what's in (1).

It's also good to know that currently the postscript of a package is
executed _before_ the new or modified class side #initialize methods of
the package. We'll probably want to change this.

Levente