[squeak-dev] bad UI bug introduced with recent list highlightiong changes.

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Tue Apr 7 19:07:41 UTC 2015

On 03-04-2015, at 10:23 AM, Chris Muller <asqueaker at gmail.com> wrote:
> The "power of pointing" is a wonderful UI gesture.  It's so energy
> efficient for the user.  A simple nudge of the mouse can spawn a lot
> of output and, then, simply moving away (one more nudge) reclaims all
> the screen space.  Sometimes I like to pop up even /interactive/
> panels my Maui apps by merely pointing.
>
> What is remarkable to me is how underrated it is.  I guess Windows'
> click-for-focus pretty much blew it out of the water..

Except that it is an unholy pain if your pointing device has any reason to wander on its own; like a stiff cable, a sloping surface, an accidental nudge from a moving hand, a cat, an earthquake, psychokinetic leakage etc. All of which have annoyed me at some time.

tim
You never finish a program, you just stop working on it.