[squeak-dev] Re: [BUG] List filters are not reset

Marcel Taeumel marcel.taeumel at student.hpi.uni-potsdam.de
Thu Apr 9 11:22:27 UTC 2015

Oh, my... I just learned something new. :)

If morphs fail to grab the keyboard (i.e. "ActiveHand newKeyboardFocus:
self"), the hand will start event processing at its owner, which is the
ActiveWorld. When it does so, there will be no #keyboardFocusChange:
notification sent to affected lists, which will thus not reset their
filters.

Some morphs that miss to grab the keyboard are:

- PluggableListMorphOfMany (used in TestRunner)
- PluggableTreeMorph (used in ObjectExplorer)

When event processing starts at the world, things still seem to work because
the foremost/topmost morph of the world will receive that event. Having
this, the keyboard events because the hand is over that list, etc...

We should both that keyboard grabbing this because this will also speed up
event processing in those cases.

Best,
Marcel