[squeak-dev] Re: The Trunk: Morphic-mt.885.mcz

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Thu Apr 16 15:05:40 UTC 2015

> Note: If you prefer a "bigger thumb to grab" even for long lists, please hide
> the arrow buttons via the preferences. Otherwise, Squeak assumes that you
> prefer working with arrow buttons, which always have a reasonable size.

Wait, I use _all_ the widgets of scroll-bars, I don't "prefer" arrows
or any of them, they're all useful depending on the list.  For
example, when you have a large list with 10K lines in it, arrows are
not going to get you two-thirds the way down by sundown, so that's
when I would grab the "thumb" to get me close, then use the arrows for
fine positioning...

> Why? Squeak shrinks the scrollbar's thumb to a minimum to provide a smaller
> minimal extent while keeping its buttons visible.

Why?  That small is hard to use...