[squeak-dev] Daily Commit Log

commits at source.squeak.org commits at source.squeak.org
Sat Apr 25 21:55:05 UTC 2015

Changes to Trunk (http://source.squeak.org/trunk.html) in the last 24 hours:

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/packages/2015-April/008122.html

Name: PreferenceBrowser-mt.53
Ancestors: PreferenceBrowser-mt.52

Fixed height in search field. (Note: We have to refactor that code to tool builder...)

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/packages/2015-April/008123.html

Name: Morphic-mt.925
Ancestors: Morphic-kfr.924

Performance improved about 10 to 1000x for layouting of scrollpanes and their subclasses -- depending on methods accessed.

How?
- instance variables for scrollbar policies instead of using the property dictionary of morphs
- instance variable for scroll bar thickness instead of querying Preferences dictionary over and over again
- caching minimum extent instead of calculating it in #minWidth and #minHeight
- improved implementation of #innerBounds
- avoid enforcing #minExtent when changing the #extent: (now only enforced within a layout via #layoutBounds:)

Note #scrollBarThickness does not yet use instVar because I will modify the update map first to migrate open tools properly.

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/packages/2015-April/008124.html

Name: Morphic-mt.926
Ancestors: Morphic-mt.925

Return instVar for scrollBarThickness in ScrollPanes.

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/packages/2015-April/008125.html

Name: Morphic-mt.927
Ancestors: Morphic-mt.926

Removed default height for lists and texts because we have many tools were this breaks the GUI in combination with proportional layouts.

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/packages/2015-April/008126.html

Name: Morphic-mt.928
Ancestors: Morphic-mt.927

Minor adaption to text morph to update its minimum height at the place where its text morph is initialized because only then he can answer #isAutoFit correctly.