[squeak-dev] FFI calls to Python Code on linux

Ben Coman btc at openinworld.com
Tue Apr 28 04:15:07 UTC 2015

On Tue, Apr 28, 2015 at 9:06 AM, tim Rowledge <tim at rowledge.org> wrote:

> I want to drive some Raspberry Pi add-ons via FFI; the problem being that
> many of them only have support software provided in Python.
>
> Can I call python code from FFI? Specifically on ARM linux, obviously,
> this being for a Pi.
>
> The alternative would appear to be digging through the python code (oh
> yuck) to find out what happens right at the very bottom of it and then
> building back up from there. Not the most efficient way to get
> flashyblinkenlightsparkenpopper.
> I’m sure googling would list a gazillion pages but some pointers to *good*
> ones would save me a lot of time.
>
> tim
> ---

Even though its for Pharo, you might take a look at Kilon's pyAtlas project
  https://github.com/kilon/pyAtlas

http://forum.world.st/ANN-Ephestos-Using-and-Coding-Blender-from-inside-Pharo-td4767945.html
which he wrote as part of his Ephestos project here
   http://www.smalltalkhub.com/#!/~kilon/Ephestos

Though I see your discover that the Python library is written in C may be a
better alternative.

cheers -ben