[squeak-dev] The Inbox: Kernel-cmm.937.mcz

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Wed Aug 5 23:51:48 UTC 2015

> Questionable, as BreakpointManager is (rightfully) not in Kernel…

Oh right, I agree.

> (apart from the private reply) what about
>
> hasBreakpoint
>         ^ self class environment
>                 at: #BreakpointManager
>                 ifPresent: [:bpm | bpm methodHasBreakpoint: self]
>                 ifAbsent: [false]

If #hasBreakpoint is not a performance-critical method, then I like
the above.  If it is performance-critical, then I think your other
suggestion (in the other email) to put Object>>#hasBreakpoint ^false
in Kernel with the current one in System would perform faster.

We should wait until after the release to discuss the radical idea
(scrapping BreakpointManager, etc.).

 - Chris