[squeak-dev] Seaside 64-bit

Chris Cunnington brasspen at gmail.com
Fri Aug 7 15:14:52 UTC 2015

Hi Tobias,

It's none of my business what is or is not on squeak.org. But you're
statement is kind of confusing to me, so for the sake of my own clarity of
mind, I've deduced the following. Here are the two side by side:

"squeak.org/projects page"

Installer squeaksource project: 'MetacelloRepository'; install:
'ConfigurationOfSeaside3'.
(Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfSeaside3) load.

"Menu>>Extending The System"

(Installer ss project: 'MetacelloRepository') install:
'ConfigurationOfSeaside30'.
(Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfSeaside30) load.
(Smalltalk at: #WAPharoServerAdaptorBrowser) open.

You will notice that in MetacelloRepository there is both
ConfigurationOfSeaside30 and ConfigurationOfSeaside3. The former has its
last entry on 10 Sept. 2013. The later has its first entry at 25 Sept.
2013. It's first entry message from Esteban Lorenzano is instructive:

"- 3.1 was not loading any adaptor. Added Seaside-Adaptor (not tested
outside Pharo)"

It looks to me like ConfigurationOfSeaside3 is better suited for Pharo and
ConfigurationOfSeaside30 is better suited to Squeak. This is supported by
the inclusion of ConfigurationOfSeaside30 in Menu>>ExtendingTheSystem which
is already proven to work.

FWIW,
Chris