[squeak-dev] What happened to Morph layering?

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Tue Aug 25 01:12:17 UTC 2015

Found it.  It was the removal of the call to #fullBounds (with a
"Sigh" from Andreas about it) in Morph>>#layoutProportionallyIn:.

-----------
Name: Morphic-mt.900
Author: mt
Time: 19 April 2015, 11:27:22.653 am
UUID: 950b4378-f3fe-db4c-b054-88b646a1feb0
Ancestors: Morphic-mt.899

Fix to avoid unnecessary layout computation for proportional layout.

Note: Please report any visual glitches. Not 100% sure about the
extent of this change...

I think I found a place in my app where I can send a make-up
#fullBounds to my Morph with a proportional layout.  The challenging
aspect of it is, I couldn't just send it upon creation, the morph must
be installed in the world before it can do it.  It makes sense that
Layouts have to respond dynamically to surrounding Morphs to do their
job, but the complexity can get overwhelming I've even had to put a
guard in one place to avoid endless layout feedback..