[squeak-dev] Get raw 24 Bit image data into a Form

Levente Uzonyi leves at elte.hu
Sun Aug 30 13:03:38 UTC 2015

It's possible to set the alpha without sacrificing performance.

| extent result |
extent := 320 @ 208.
result := StandardFileStream readOnlyFileNamed: 'sample.yuv' do: [ :file |
 	file binary.
 	extent area * 3 = file size ifTrue: [
 		| word bits form |
 		form := Form extent: extent depth: 32.
 		bits := form bits.
 		word := 16rFF bitShift: 24.
 		1 to: bits size do: [ :i |
 			word
 				digitAt: 3 put: file next;
 				digitAt: 2 put: file next;
 				digitAt: 1 put: file next.
 			bits at: i put: word ].
 		form ] ].
result display.

Levente

P.S.: This is usually the point when someone comes up with a pure bitblt
solution providing further significant speedups.