Broken Update [was [squeak-dev] Daily Commit Log]

Chris Cunningham cunningham.cb at gmail.com
Thu Dec 10 15:36:43 UTC 2015

Hi Karl,
I think to update the update map, open up trunk, go down and find the
package called 'update', browse that. It should bring up an
MCConfigurationBrowser. The order of the packages in that browser is the
order that an update will try to upgrade the packages - and is the list of
packages that the upgrade stream will upgrade.

I think you'll want to remove from that list the packages that were removed
in the SqueakVersion, and then save the configuration back to trunk.

When you are doing tricky things, you can specify exactly which versions of
packages should load in an update - and stack them one after the other - so
that the update will load specific packages in a specific order.  Probably
not needed for this fix, though, right?

All of this said, I don't actually have access to do this or test it, so
take the info as you will.

Good luck,
cbc