[squeak-dev] Re: [Vm-dev] Re: SecureSession frame types

Robert Withers robert.w.withers at gmail.com
Sun Dec 20 12:01:33 UTC 2015

Good morning, just a few comments and questions..

    1) current 4bits for msgVersion and 4bits for hdrType. With 14
    messages and some not implemented (suspend/resume/...) we have
    little headroom in 4bits of hdrType.  Shall I make the msgVersion
    3bits and the hdrType 5bits?

    2) the smallest interleaved FEC encoded msg is 30 bytes. With 8
    bytes of data: a msgSpec, using RS(15,9) with 4bit symbols, and 4
    symbol block interleaving, the smallest on the wire is 30 bytes.
    Without FEC enabled is it 8 bytes.

    3) when run to the end of hdrType room, we can add a jump tag and
    have a second hdrType field as the 9th byte.

Again, the valid document  link is:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/zj2i1votg432b2p/FrameTypes.pptx?dl=0

Thank you,
robert