[squeak-dev] Please don't kill the in-place find feature of the former CTRL-J

Masato Sumi sumi at seagreen.ocn.ne.jp
Mon Dec 21 12:04:44 UTC 2015

I'm very worry about that the new CTRL-J (aka "again") of tunk seems
lacking very old but elegant feature of the former CTRL-J, "in-place
find" function.

When you just inserted text at a caret, the former version of CTRL-J
(or select "again" from yellow-button menu) sets the text as a search
key then delete it and then select next found text.

I prefer and everyday use this feature because it make me find the
text very seamlessly.

I know my English is too bad to explain about this feature, so I made
a screen-recording below. (Although it is very old Apple Smalltalk,
you can do the same thing in current Squeak but not trunk)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jKdn_9dKeQ

If it was my misunderstanding and the new CTRL-J still keeps this
feature, please let me how to use it.

Thanks
--
sumim