[squeak-dev] Squeak Oversight Board 2015 Elections

Eliot Miranda eliot.miranda at gmail.com
Thu Feb 5 20:54:55 UTC 2015

On Wed, Feb 4, 2015 at 8:46 PM, Ron Teitelbaum <ron at usmedrec.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> It's that time again.  Time to raise your voices and elect your leaders!
> It's a time for you to stand up, help your community and volunteer to
> serve!
> Squeak wants you!
>
> Every year we elect the SOB (Squeak Oversight Board) consisting of seven
> members from our community. The current board members are:
>
> 1. Bert Freudenberg
> 2. Eliot Miranda
> 3. Tim Rowledge
> 4. Frank Shearar
> 5. Craig Latta
> 6. Chris Muller
> 7. David T. Lewis

I'd like to stand again.  My priorities for the community are

- to continue improving the VM
  - with Spur, the new memory manager, that will be the VM for the Squeak
5.0 release
  - with a full 64-bit x64 JIT VM, and with an ARM JIT.
  - with Sista, Clément Bera's adaptive optimizer
  - with a new FFI that will use Ronie Salgado's Lowcode that is an
important component in Sista

- to continue to foster collaboration with the Pharo community

- to keep Squeak relevant, doing whatever I can to support existing
users/programmers, or to bring in new users/programmers

--
best,
Eliot