[squeak-dev] v4linux & CameraPlugin

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Mon Feb 9 16:36:11 UTC 2015

On 08.02.2015, at 01:47, tim Rowledge <tim at rowledge.org> wrote:

> Is there anyone out there that actually feels they understand v4linux and how it is supposed to work with the CameraPlugin?

Well, I suppose Derek (the original author) would have an idea. Cc'ed.

Also, v4l has an IRC channel and a mailing list:
http://www.linuxtv.org/lists.php

> At the moment, on a Pi, it works *once* but only once per run of squeak. The error message is
> libv4l2: error setting pixformat: Device or resource busy
> which seems to be a very common problem if you do a quick google. The problem is that it appears to have been common for a lot of people for a long time and many of the purported fixes make no sense to me at all. It doesn’t help that the code in the CameraPlugin/sqCamera-linux.c file doesn’t appear to fit in my head either.
>
> Mind you, it does at least have the colours correct now; last time I managed to try it out (and I can’t recall whether it worked more than once back then, unfortunately) the RGB was more BGR.

What camera are you using? Does it work with other software?

If it's the Pi-specific Camera Module then this might help:
http://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=50639

- Bert -