[squeak-dev] Squeak Oversight Board 2015 Elections

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Tue Feb 10 01:51:40 UTC 2015

On 09.02.2015, at 21:20, Chris Muller <asqueaker at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 9, 2015 at 12:02 PM, Ron Teitelbaum <ron at usmedrec.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> Well only one week to go.  If you are planning on running for the Squeak
>> Oversight Board, please announce your candidacy soon.
>>
>> So far we have 5 candidates for 7 spots.
>
> I'm pretty good when it comes to taking up space, so let me announce
> my candidacy for one of those two remaining slots.  :)

Looks like a mighty fine lineup already! I'd be honored to serve on the Board with any of you. I'll run, too :)

As for an agenda, I'd like to keep our community as friendly and fun a place as it is, plus make it even more welcoming to anyone. I will support any effort in that direction.

That also means to me that Squeak should work well across all platforms, providing a truly universal personal computing environment. This is what sets Squeak apart from pretty much all other development systems.

Computing for anyone, anywhere. Sounds almost like a campaign slogan ;^)

- Bert -