[squeak-dev] Re: The Inbox: Graphics-tfel.306.mcz

timfelgentreff timfelgentreff at gmail.com
Thu Feb 12 15:44:27 UTC 2015

This is just a small change, but I wasn't sure if anyone can think of a
reason for this line to be there. My reason for wanting it gone is that we,
for RSqueakVM, do not include the BitBltPlugin, but instead run the
simulator. The way we do it is that, when the image wants the RSqueakVM to
run the copyBits primitive, we repeatedly fail (to let the fallback code
unhibernate stuff and so on), and then, when the primitive is finally called
from BitBlt>>copyBitsAgain, we instead call BitBlt>>copyBitsSimulated (so
RSqueakVM requires the VMMaker to be loaded).

So, this error line would bring up the debugger, call BitBlt to draw it,
bring up a debugger ....

Long story short, anyone have anything against removing this line?