[squeak-dev] CAD, Electroics, and my interests

Kirk Fraser overcomer.man at gmail.com
Tue Feb 17 11:52:49 UTC 2015

Casey,

Thanks for your replies.  On 3D CAD I recommend taking a course in
SolidWorks - it is a very simple way of dealing with graphic objects
compared to others and is popular even at $4,,000 per seat - I don't
suggest purchase but seeing the simple user interface would help duplicate
it and improve on it.  The hardest part to me would be writing the file
translators such as .dxf.

On chip design, one tip is to get a free education starting at Parallax.com
which released their Propeller micro-controller chip design into public
domain.  There is a community of people on their forum which can help.
Then move up to a CPU core design like Raspberry Pi uses. If you can make
it this far, I suggest a chip with 0.1" pin-outs is way easier to hand
solder than smaller surface mount designs.

While I'm interested in all this, I have other interests with more
 leverage that I choose to spend time on.  One is Bible analysis which
provides understanding of deep text analysis beyond the skills of most
Artificial Intelligence (AI) folks.  I am working on my own AI after I
finish an AI language on top of Smalltalk, with a small object database.
I'm also working on a robot which will drive a tractor around a field and
more if I can get the garbage collection problem solved. I suspect tag team
GC requests on cooperating cores MIGHT do it but I'd rather be sure than
end up dead.  The first driverless car was programmed in Python which has
garbage collection control. My robot work is shown at www.reliablerobots.com

Of primary concern at present is a result of my Bible studies at
http://jesusgospelchurch.com/Timeline.html which indicates two possible
limits on my lifespan, the Rev. 12:5 ascension aka. pre-trib rapture I'm
guessing will be in 2024 for good Christians and the one as Jesus returns
in 2031 which will take the majority of currently bad Christians including
Pope, Pastors, etc. who will have been humbled by the Rev. 16 world
earthquake, and having to look to God to help them survive.

As it appears I'm the only guy speculating these years. leaving days and
hours alone, I think it may become important for me to spend more time
preaching after the Rev. 8 asteroid hits I'm guessing in 2020.  So I have
only 5-6 years to spend on technology and trying to make more than
sustenance income.  Thus I must prioritize. I'm making great progress on my
AI language, it's half done, executing the first example.  So I'm thinking
I need to spend time on software.  Robot hardware is expensive and I cannot
afford it except for prior investments in a period of life where I had
money.  So I dribble toward it as I can, say $250 a month plus or minus.  I
realized a humanoid robot is virtually worthless without machine vision so
I plan to work on the higher levels of that in my AI language after getting
camera access in Squeak.
All this is to say I won't become a Virtual Machine expert for Linux
because I don't have time at present.  If my AI is wildly successful in
being the first to pass a GED then a copy could be assigned that or any job
except being part of the image of the Beast robot in Rev. 13 - which fear
has hindered me since college.  My industrial farm robot won't be pretty
enough to fulfill that prophecy.  Sometimes I make bad investment choices
like anyone, but it hurts more when poor.  For example I hired an offshore
programmer in India to work on Squeak for a month and the result was
basically nothing with no refund - later I did the first half of the job in
2 weeks. So in any case my time is limited.

Kirk W. Fraser
w <http://freetom.info/TrueChurch>ww.JesusGospelChurch.com
<http://www.JesusGospelChurch.com> - Replace the fraud churches with the
true church.