[squeak-dev] re: Please add Robot support tools

Craig Latta craig at netjam.org
Fri Feb 20 09:35:18 UTC 2015

Hi Jon and all--

> I'd really like to see a pared-down version of Squeak that would fit
> on the same hardware that MicroPython runs on (a Cortex M4 chip
> running at 168 MHz, with 192 KB of RAM and 1 MB of FLASH)... No user
> interface beyond a simple REPL.

     Would there be a network interface? I can make an object memory
with a network-based REPL (based on, for example, web services or
telnet) that would fit in either the FLASH or RAM. The virtual machine
still needs paring, and I would like some pairing on that. :)  Currently
the VM would take up almost all of the FLASH, but there's still lots
that can be left out.

     http://netjam.org/context/smallest

-C

--