[squeak-dev] re: Please add Robot support tools

Jon Hylands jon at huv.com
Fri Feb 20 15:10:29 UTC 2015

Craig,

That sounds interesting - I had forgotten about Context when I wrote that
email.

It would be better if the REPL could be done through either a hardware
serial port, or the USB/serial interface. To add networking is doable, but
requires additional hardware modules.

The tricky part in all this, once you have the VM and image actually
running, is to interface with all the hardware capabilities of the chip.

MicroPython uses a uSD card (which is mounted as a flash drive on the host
PC via composite USB) to store source files - they are compiled on demand
from source when you boot the chip.

- Jon