[squeak-dev] Please add Robot support tools

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Thu Feb 26 18:16:35 UTC 2015

On 26-02-2015, at 3:15 AM, David Corking <lists at dcorking.com> wrote:
> And thanks for the NuScratch image.  Are any VM changes, configs or VM
> plugins needed to access Pi GPIO pins from NuScratch on Raspbian?

No extra vm plugins, though you do need ffi to be working. On a Pi you need to do some magic dancing to configure i2c & spi ( http://www.raspberrypi.org/documentation/configuration/raspi-config.md) and if your OS version is a bit old there is some /etc/module-thingy editing.
This just got a bit more complex to describe because Raspbian now support Device Tree. Spelling it correctly is about as far as my knowledge goes. See http://www.raspberrypi.org/documentation/configuration/device-tree.md etc.

My code isn’t ready to be seen by others as yet but soon, probably.

www.wiringPi.com will tell you how to install wiringPi and hooking up to it is just the same as any other ffi stuff -
#<cdecl: void ‘digitalWrite’ (long long) module: ‘wiringPi’>
etc. I still haven’t found anything approaching doc for ffi so it’s very much search&copy.

tim
Strange OpCodes: KFP: Kindle Fire in Printer