[squeak-dev] Squeak does not react

Tobias Pape Das.Linux at gmx.de
Mon Jan 12 15:02:16 UTC 2015

Hi all

I just tried the 4.5 All-In-One (using Cog 2776)
and just after the start, I seem to have a lockup.
The image/vm does not react to any input, neither
keyboard nor mouse. Resizing the window results
in a scrambled window.
 I tested on a Linux Wheezy 7.4, x86_64 with 32bit
libraries (hosted on a VirtualBox).

The last output I get from strace is a very high number of
getitimer calls followed by reads wich result in EAGAIN.

Interestingly, the Squeak-vm shipped with Debian,
a (probably interpreter) 4.4.7-2357[2] works but is missing
the SqueakSSL plugin. I cannot use the one distributed with
our All-In-One[3], alas.

Anybody has a clue?

Best
	-Tobias

PS: This is sadly also true for the vm that is used by
    builderCI[1]

[1]: https://github.com/dalehenrich/builderCI
     and vm: https://github.com/dalehenrich/builderCI/blob/master/oneclick/Contents/Linux/squeak
     aparently a Cog 2693
[2]: Interestingly, this is a 64bit binary that is able to
     run 32bit Squeak images.
[3]: The AIO SqueakSSL plugin is 32bit and cannot be loaded with the
     Debian 64bit Squeak