OrderedDictionary (was: Re: [squeak-dev] Re: The Trunk: Collections-mt.593.mcz)

Marcel Taeumel marcel.taeumel at student.hpi.uni-potsdam.de
Fri Jan 16 08:39:55 UTC 2015

Hi Levente,

thank you for the quick code review. I did some fixes. :)

For the LinkedDictionary: When do you establish the desired order
(insertion, lexical, ... someBlock) for the associations?

Use cases are similar to OrderedCollection. But instead of accessing items
via index (someItems at: 5), you can access it with a more descriptive key
(e.g., someItems at: #foobar). I will look for a more concrete one.

To be better comparable with OrderedCollection, there might be an additional
protocol to support #atFirst and others... Hmmm...

Here are more references to the concept itself:
https://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0372/
https://docs.python.org/3/library/collections.html#collections.OrderedDict

Best,
Marcel