[squeak-dev] Squeak 4.6 release candidate

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Sat Jul 4 00:41:23 UTC 2015

On Fri, Jul 03, 2015 at 03:57:53PM -0700, tim Rowledge wrote:

> On 03-07-2015, at 2:00 PM, David T. Lewis <lewis at mail.msen.com> wrote:
>
> > On Fri, Jul 03, 2015 at 09:31:07PM +0200, Tobias Pape wrote:
> >>
> >> A release is an outwards-activity; everyone here who posts at least once
> >> a year is able to change the background in no time, ...
> >
> > OK, I'll bite. How do I restore the colored windows and background to
> > the previous defaults?
>
> You could save your old image?s preferences to file and load from file in the new image. That?s what I tend to do, though it can seem to save rather a lot.

OK that's good, but the pastel theme of the 4.5 era represents someone's
idea of a nice color scheme, and it was not too bad IMHO. I do not want to
maintain my own personal set of preferences, I just want to know how to
disable the dystopia theme and return to a world of color and light.

I am guessing that there may be a single preference setting for this, but
I do not know how to find it.

Dave