[squeak-dev] final final Squeak-4.6-All-in-One posted

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Wed Jul 22 15:04:42 UTC 2015

>> but an IDE's look and feel, like a
>> piece of art, can benefit from being designed by a few or single mind
>> due to the more cohesive vision of all the components.
>
> This is usually true but I notice that at least the quit ‘save changes before quitting?’ dialogue still has the bluey colours. This may perhaps be a cache that needs clearing?

No, that's the color they are.

> And the Release Notes text jars a bit - for 4.6 there *isn’t* a new vm for the ARM - we only did the spur vm for ARM. In fact right now it would take some effort to make a plain ARM cog vm since the strictures of the abort trap etc mean there isn’t a suitable way to discriminate the nmethod type.

We had MONTHS for people to make suggestions for the 4.6 release.  Now
that we've just collapsed the .spur branch to make trunk 5.0 earlier
this week is not the time to start making suggestions for 4.6.  There
will be no more changes to 4.6, but there's still time for 5.0 --
where I might need to REMOVE that line from the release notes unless
we can get it into the All-in-One...