[squeak-dev] Squeak 5 will run on Rasberry Pi OOTB

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Thu Jul 23 15:55:53 UTC 2015

I managed to successfully incorporate the ARM platform into the 5.0
All-In-One -- so Squeak 5 will now start up with one-click on FOUR
platforms, OOTB..!!

I'm thankful to this community for collaborating to produce and shake
out the 4.6 release.  As this is a special dual release, your help is
needed one more time to help shake out this 5.0 release.  Would you
please download this latest Squeak-5.0-All-in-One and check it out?
We still have a chance to avoid obvious bugs, but we want to keep it
as close to the 4.6 release as possible.

   http://ftp.squeak.org/5.0/Squeak-5.0-All-in-One.zip

Here are some things I've noticed already, but I need your help to
figure out how to deal with them:

  - someone said the VM is crashing in the Jenkins build due to
ImageSegments tests.  Do we want to disable those tests?

  - Actually, when I ran the tests in the image, there was no VM
crash, but the dialog, "Running all tests might take a some minutes"
(<--- hey that's some nice grammar there Marcel!  ;-)   ) appeared
TWICE.  When I clicked "Yes" the first time they ran, "Yes" a second
time, no effect.  Just a strange UI bug..?

- Look at the image size, its DOUBLE the size of the 4.6 image.  Why?

I'm getting excited, thank you!!
  Chris