[Vm-dev] Re: [squeak-dev] SqueakSSL + SAN certificates

Levente Uzonyi leves at elte.hu
Tue Jun 2 03:56:46 UTC 2015

Hi David,

There's a debate about how SAN certificates - and server name
verification in general - should be handled[1][2].
I tend to agree with Tobias on verifying the server name in the plugin,
but getting there will require further efforts - especially on the unix
platform.

While this version solves a particular case, and is backwards compatible
on the image side, I think we should look for a better, more general
solution.

Levente

[1] http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/2015-May/184613.html
[2] http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/2015-May/184631.html