[squeak-dev] Raspberry - GPIO - telephone caller id - Squeak

Louis LaBrunda Lou at Keystone-Software.com
Tue Jun 9 22:35:36 UTC 2015

Hi All,

It is my understanding that one can use the GPIO pin(s) of a Raspberry Pi
to detect the caller id information of an incoming phone call.  Does anyone
have any experience with this?  Can you give me any pointers?

I started out trying to use a modem but the inexpensive USB modems don't
work with the current level of caller id info used here in the US.  So I
would like to do this without a modem.  Adding an inexpensive chip or no
chip would be great.

Thanks in advance.

Lou