[squeak-dev] how to run Cog 3370 on a new Ubuntu 14.04 installation?

Chris Muller ma.chris.m at gmail.com
Tue Jun 16 03:25:17 UTC 2015

I'm embarassed to say, I can't seem to remember how to install 32-bit
Squeak on a fresh Ubuntu 14.04 install.  Installing the original
interpreter VM "squeak-vm" from apt works fine but obviously I need to
run Cog and Spur too.  Simply untarring them to /usr or /usr/local
reports 32-bit libraries are missing.

In earlier Ubuntu's, this meant installing ia32-libs, but 14.04
reports that package has been replaced by #(lib32z1 lib32ncurses5
lib32bz2-1.0).  But after installing those spur -version reports