[squeak-dev] Raspberry - GPIO - telephone caller id - Squeak

Louis LaBrunda Lou at Keystone-Software.com
Tue Jun 16 19:34:27 UTC 2015

Hi Ben,

Thanks for all this.

>Where [1] said "Pins 13 & 14 should be connected to a 1-Form-A solid
>state relay (Clare LCA110)"
>confused me for a while.  I had assumed that CID1 & CID2 would provide
>the Caller ID Output, but it seems actually they are an input to
>enable the Caller ID Output to appear on LINE1 & LINE2.  If you only
>want to use this for caller id and not voice/data, then I think you
>can just short CID1 & CID2 together to permanently enable this mode.

I came to the same conclusion but for a buck 28 ($1.28) I bought a LCA110
anyway.  And now that I think about it, I do want to play a message from
the Raspberry out to the phone line and then be able to record an incoming
message from the phone line, so I may need the LCA110 to go from waiting
for the caller id to sending/getting messages.

>btw, Probably the RPi forums are a better place to discuss electrical
>interfaces.

I know.  Sorry about that.  I started here because I know that Tim plays
with the Raspberry a lot and I hoped he would have some ideas and give me a
place to start.  Thanks Tim.

Lou