[squeak-dev] 4.6 -- codename

Ben Coman btc at openInWorld.com
Sun Mar 8 00:06:06 UTC 2015

On Sun, Mar 8, 2015 at 1:59 AM, Tobias Pape <Das.Linux at gmx.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On 07.03.2015, at 18:45, gettimothy <gettimothy at zoho.com> wrote:
>
> > I think the codename should honor Eliot in some manner. How about naming
> it "Eliot" ?
>
> While I share your intent, I think we should refrain from code-naming our
> releases
> after people.
>
> Best
>         -Tobias

That could be a slippery precedent :)  Now I'm not very involved with
Squeak, but just because I like creative brainstorming... continuing with
the bicycle theme how about "Rover" after the "Rover Safety - the first
model to adopt what we think of as the standard bicycle design...[1]"

[1] http://www.mudsweatngears.co.uk/page_2473200.html

cheers -ben