[squeak-dev] 4.6/5.0 -- how to help users manage different formats?

Frank Shearar frank.shearar at gmail.com
Thu Mar 12 14:24:54 UTC 2015

It's right where we left it. Spur introduces a new object memory
format, so we're doing the right thing: we're breaking the format and
telling people.

When you load packages into a Spur image, things will just work. When
you load changesets, things will just work. As far as I know, we've
taken care that ImageSegments will also load into Spur, and just work.

But sometimes, if you want to actually make progress, you're going to
have to bite the bullet and make breaking changes.

frank