[squeak-dev] VancouverIsland Spring CampSmalltalk

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Fri Mar 20 00:01:14 UTC 2015

Along with the PDX camp recently mentioned for the fall, Sebastian & I are holding another camp in Nanaimo at the end of April. Last years Camp Nanaimo was amazingly successful and everyone had much fun. If you’re in the general pacific north-west region do consider coming along.

When: Friday & Saturday April 25-6th

Location: Makerspace Nanaimo
2221 McGarrigle Rd
Nanaimo

their website:  makerspacenanaimo.org
NO particular formal schedule; no papers to submit, no fees to pay (but we will be asking for donations around $10/day to help pay for the coffee etc), fun to be had, people to see.

We found a bunch of good eateries last time. Accommodation was considered pretty good. Scenery is spectacular around here. Weather will likely be cool-spring, with chance of rain. Transport is reasonably simple - fly into Nanaimo airport, ferry to Nanaimo from Vancouver, drive up from Victoria, teleport from your orbiting GSV, whatever. Ask about specific details if you need help.

Please let us know if you’re interested so we can start to organise for food, accommodation and all that.

tim
Starbucks are, of course, run by the Caffeinatti.