[squeak-dev] Possible bug in DeflateStream

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Fri Mar 20 13:36:21 UTC 2015

On Fri, Mar 20, 2015 at 02:05:02PM +0100, Max Leske wrote:
> For those of you that haven???t seen the ???Metacello load error??? conversation between Dale and me, there seems to be a bug in DeflateStream. I???m quoting myself from the other thread:

This sounds familiar, although I don't have a link to the details. IIRC we
changed something in the image that exposed an existing bug in a primitive,
then fixed that bug. So there were be some combinations of image and VM that
would have a problem.

I'm sorry I can't give a better reference right now, but I think it was discussed
on squeak-dev, and the VM fixes may have been added in VMMaker.oscog-eem.826 (Cog)
and VMMaker-dtl.347 (VMM trunk).

Dave