[squeak-dev] Re: The Inbox: ToolBuilder-Morphic-dtl.100.mcz

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Sat Mar 21 16:21:09 UTC 2015

On Fri, Mar 20, 2015 at 10:07:45AM -0700, Marcel Taeumel wrote:
> Hmm... I just realized that the instance variable in the UIManager is always
> nil in my images. Seems that the "new" initialization code was never
> executed in a migration script.
>
> Please make sure that the logic of #findDefault in ToolBuilder does not get
> broken. There, you can create subclasses and use those as tool builders.
> Using this fix, subclassing would not work anymore.

I put another update in the inbox. The #findDefault logic is now used to
find the ToolBuilder class to use, and this normally happens the first time
that a ToolBuiilder is needed in a new Project. The mechanism should now
work as before, but the UIManager no longer needs to have a dedicated
ToolBuilder instance.

Dave