[squeak-dev] Re: The Trunk: Tools-mt.553.mcz

Marcel Taeumel marcel.taeumel at student.hpi.uni-potsdam.de
Mon Mar 23 05:34:19 UTC 2015

Fitering the whole tree may break for infinitely deep structures.

Filtering the already opened tree nodes? What do you mean?

We should move filtering one level up to start at the list where the current
selection is. Just considering Tobias' new Font tool. Hmmm... but then we
would have to change the selection in a freshly opened object explorer to
filter the list of instance variables...

I don't think that the depth filter is a bad idea in general. It depends on
your scenarios. Levente, maybe you could elaborate a little bit more the
scenarios you have in mind. I optimized the filter for the exploration idea,
I explained in the other thread. :)

Best,
Marcel