[squeak-dev] The Inbox: Tools-topa.556.mcz

Tobias Pape Das.Linux at gmx.de
Mon Mar 23 08:54:39 UTC 2015

Hi Levente,

[Sorry for the late reply]

On 19.03.2015, at 23:39, Levente Uzonyi <leves at elte.hu> wrote:

> The implementation looks very similar to what Balázs did back in 2010 to the Docking Bar[1], even though his changes never made it into the Trunk.
> One main difference I see is that he used a single "pragma", instead of two separate "pragmas". Performance-wise a single "pragma" is better. Is there any advantage of using two "pragmas", instead of one?

In spirit, these implementations indeed are similar. Balázs' code however
only deals with the World main docking bar while _this_ proposal deals
with context menus in tools like the browser.

I don't understand what you mean by “Performance-wise a single "pragma" is better”.
Can you elaborate a bit?

Best
	-Tobias