[squeak-dev] Re: The Inbox: Tools-topa.556.mcz

Marcel Taeumel marcel.taeumel at student.hpi.uni-potsdam.de
Mon Mar 23 14:00:35 UTC 2015

According so Shneiderman [1, p.445], simple but frequent tasks should take no
longer than 1 second. Personally, I find this too long for opening a context
menu. Let us shoot for at most 500 milliseconds. Now bench. Where are we?

If it lies within scope, let us favor this flexible programming interface
instead of performance improvements that many users will not
notice/appreciate here.

[1] Shneiderman. "Designing the User Interface". 5th Edition. Pearson. 2010.

Best,
Marcel