[squeak-dev] Re: The Inbox: Environments-cmm.57.mcz

Marcel Taeumel marcel.taeumel at student.hpi.uni-potsdam.de
Tue Mar 24 06:51:13 UTC 2015

My mental model of "Smalltalk" is that there is all global stuff stored:
classes and other global variables such as ActiveWorld and ActiveHand. As
Smalltalk >> #at: returns the object behind that global name and Smalltalk
>> #at:put: overwrites such a global binding with a new object, this looks
like a regular dictionary to me. Having this, #at:ifAbsentPut: should just
combine #at: and #at:put: -- like Levente proposed.

What is the current state of our discussion about Smalltalk offering the
full Dictionary interface?

Best,
Marcel