[squeak-dev] Re: Unique Mouse Wheel Events

Marcel Taeumel marcel.taeumel at student.hpi.uni-potsdam.de
Tue Mar 24 06:58:23 UTC 2015

For such a change, the VMs need to me adapted.

I propose to pass the *correct* operating system events from the VM into
Smalltalk and then to create a MouseWheelEvent from that data there.

I further argue that the VM should not shadow *any* kind of user input such
as CTRL+LEFTCLICK and ALT+LEFTCLICK to emulate other mouse buttons. Any of
this kind of magic should be introduced in Smalltalk-land not VM-land.

Best,
Marcel