[squeak-dev] Re: Old menu items in TextEditors that currently don't work

Levente Uzonyi leves at elte.hu
Sun Mar 29 15:22:47 UTC 2015

I consider explorer and inspector to be entirely different.
When I want to explore an object graph, I use the explorer.
When I want to directly manipulate a single object, or evaluate
expressions in its context, then I use an inspector.
Based on my experience, these things rarely mix, which is probably why
these tools coexist.
It's probably possible to mix the two tools and get a usable result, but
please don't make the same mistake what the Pharo guys did.

Levente