[squeak-dev] Re: The Trunk: Collections-tfel.623.mcz

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Sat May 2 12:59:10 UTC 2015

On Sat, May 02, 2015 at 01:48:15AM -0700, timfelgentreff wrote:
> I agree with Marcel - we even have code in the trunk image that passes
> negative indices. I would also, in the long run, like to fix the primitive
> to not accept negative indices. But I don't like to break people's stuff too
> quickly, so I think we should have a deprecation warning for the current
> behavior before fixing it.

+1

I might add that it is good practice for the image to avoid unnecessary
assumptions about the VM. The image may want to run on a variety of VMs
implemented in different languages, running on different platforms, and
featuring different bugs.

But of course the VMs should all be perfect, bug free, and 100% consistent ;-)

Dave