[squeak-dev] Re: The Trunk: Morphic-kfr.958.mcz

karl ramberg karlramberg at gmail.com
Tue May 5 12:54:33 UTC 2015

Preferences>>enable: and Preferences>>disable: considered harmful.

Both methods have side effects that are not desirable.
The naming scheme of PragmaPreferences and old Preferences do not match.

PragmaPreference key #'Browser>>showMessageIcons'
Preference key #alwaysHideHScrollbar

Both methods enable: and disable: automatically create a new preference in
the dictionary if the key searched for is not found. This can easily lead
to duplicate entries in the DictionaryOfPreferences.

Karl